Welcome to Yardley Wood Health Centre
We are an established group of doctors working together as a non-limited partnership. We offer comprehensive medical care, alongside other health professionals in our modernised premises.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us
The National Antibiotic Awareness Campaign
Will you be an Antibiotic Guardian?
The national Antibiotic Guardian campaign aims to raise awareness on how to use antibiotics in a responsible way that will help keep them effective for the future. We are encouraging our patients to take part by watching the Antibiotic Guardian video, choosing a pledge and becoming an Antibiotic Guardian at www.antibioticguardian.com.
Did you know?
· It is estimated that at least 5,000 deaths are caused every year in England because antibiotics no longer work for some infections.
· These antibiotic ‘resistant’ infections don’t just infect you; they can spread to other people in close contact with you.
· It is important we use our existing antibiotics wisely and make sure these lifesaving medicines continue to stay effective for ourselves, our children and grandchildren.
· Without urgent action from all of us, common infections, minor injuries and routine operations will become much riskier.
· Antibiotics should only be taken when prescribed by a health professional.
Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, otitis media (earache) and sore throats often get better without antibiotics. Your GP may not prescribe antibiotics for these conditions but your local pharmacy can help provide self-care advice and suitable over the counter medicines to treat your symptoms.
About The Surgery
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
The surgery has reserved car parking for the disabled. Wheelchair access to the building is via a ramp near the front entrance. All patient services are provided at ground floor level and there is a disabled patients' WC. If access proves difficult to any of our disabled patients we would be happy to consider any suggestions for improvement
(Site updated 23/11/2017)